Terms and Conditions
When booking a voyage with Maybe Sailing Ltd you agree to accept a voyage under the terms and conditions set out below. This contract is governed by English law, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts with regard to any claim, dispute or other matter arising in connection with the contract.
Maybe Sailing Ltd reserves the right to refuse any booking for any reason which in its opinion might affect or endanger the safety of Sailing Vessel Maybe or Sailing Vessel Blue Clipper and or any person or persons on board.
The fee payable covers a berth and food whilst on board but does not include travel to or from ports or personal travel insurance.
Maybe Sailing undertake to:
- Ensure that the vessel will be under the command of a suitably qualified individual, supported by the required crew.
- Ensure that all fire-fighting, lifesaving and safety equipment on board sailing vessel Maybe and sailing vessel Blue Clipper conforms to statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all risk assessments and policies are up-to-date and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all permanent crew are DBS checked or equivalent and that safeguarding training is provided to crew members.
- Within 2 weeks of commencement of the voyage, the date, time and place for embarking and disembarking sailing vessel Maybe or sailing vessel Blue Clipper will be sent to voyage crew.
- Maybe Sailing reserves the right to cancel a voyage for any reason beyond its control, including, but not limited to severe weather, which may endanger the safety of the vessel and the crew. Maybe Sailing Ltd will issue a credit note but otherwise accept no liability whatsoever.
As voyage CREW:
- Provide completed personal details forms at least 2 weeks before the voyage start date.
- Ensure all participants under the age of 18 have parental consent forms completed.
- Notify Maybe Sailing Ltd of any change in personal medical conditions of any participants between booking and commencement of the voyage, in writing.
- Accept the assigned berthing accommodation. Where possible assignments to cabins will be for all persons of the same gender. However, mixed gender cabin maybe necessary on occasion. Under 18s will always be in single sex cabins.
- Arrange adequate travel insurance.
- Accept the payment terms below.
- Follow any instruction or direction given by professional crew members on board the vessel
- Adhere to safety regulations on board the vessel.
- Respect the vessel and its equipment, respect the crew and other guests / trainees.
Non-refundable deposit required within 7 days of the booking confirmation date.
Balance of berth fee 30 days before departure.
- Before sailing, I understand that I must be covered by a comprehensive insurance policy.
- Accidents or injuries directly attributable to sailing vessel Maybe or sailing vessel Blue Clipper or her permanent crew are covered by the Companies Liability Insurance. Liability may have to be proved.
- At any time after payment of deposit – deposit non refundable.
- 21 – 14 days before departure – liable to 50% of voyage cost.
- Less than 14 days before departure – liable to 100% of voyage cost.
- N.B. Voyage crew should refer to their own insurance provider to establish whether fees are covered.
Sailing can be a particularly dangerous activity in rough weather which may be encountered at any time during the voyage. Maybe Sailing Ltd shall not be liable for any damage, loss or injury consequential, direct, economic or indirect, arising out of, or in connection with the specified voyage. The Skipper and permanent crew of sailing vessel Maybe or sailing vessel Blue Clipper shall have no responsibility for failure of the vessel to complete the voyage or scheduled programme, due to severe weather, mechanical breakdown whilst at sea or for any other reason beyond the control of Maybe Sailing Ltd or any other person for whom Maybe Sailing Ltd is legally responsible.
Any change of voyage choice made at the request of voyage crew will incur an administration charge of £25 and will be subject to availability.