Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Duke of Edinburgh Gold Residential on board a Tall Ship
Maybe Sailing is an Approved Activity Provider for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award. We maintain the DofE's principles and standards and are authorised to deliver activities and sign off participant’s achievements. We are able to offer 5-day Gold Residential Sail Training Voyages as well as 5-day Gold Residential Maintenance skills experiences. We are also affiliated with the RYA and can offer Start Yachting and Competent Crew Practical Courses, as well as Day Skipper and YachtMaster Theory Courses. These are a great opportunity to develop your skills and physical requirement aspect of your DofE Awards.
Why complete your Duke of Edinburgh Gold Residentail with us?
- Sail training is a fun, educational outdoor adventure activity for people of all ages and abilities.
- Sail training uses the experience of being at sea as a means to help you learn about yourself, discover hidden strengths and talents and understand the value of working as part of a team.
- Sail training will challenge you both physically and emotionally.
- Sail training is an activity that inspires self-confidence and personal responsibility.
- Maybe Sailing promotes an acceptance of others, whatever their social or cultural backgroups and devleops a willingness to take controlled risks.
What makes tall ship sailing different from any other residential?
- Night passages under starlit skies
- The exhilirating feeling of spotting land after hours at sea
- Distant horizons and sea breezes
- Seeing whales and dolphins
- exploring remote shores
- New places, new people and memories that will last a lifetime.